Ringing Bells, a name which has become famous overnight for making the cheapest 3G smartphone at an unbelievable price of Rs 251. Well, not only in India, but that (price) would make it world’s cheapest smartphone! They named the smartphone as Freedom 251. The little known Ringing Bells Pvt. Ltd. is a company headed by Mohit Goel based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
Taking the technology world by a surprise, Freedom 251 is said to offer decent features present in a smartphone at an highly affordable price but as per Indian cellular association the phone with such specifications must cost around at-least Rs 3500. Moreover, its manufacturing cost is estimated to be about 2500 even then its selling price is 251.. another strange fact to it! Freedom 251’s launch has initiated a strong debate worldwide.
The website, www.freedom251.com, especially made for the selling purpose of Freedom 251 has already crashed with the hoards of orders coming up for it. From a customer’s viewpoint, we bring to you some of the important facts you need to know about Freedom 251…
- Freedom 251 has Android Lollipop 5.1 Operating System.
- A 3.2 MP rear camera and 0.3 MP front camera will be provided in this budget smartphone.
- The screen size is expected to be 4 inches.
- It will have 8 GB internal memory with expandable memory upto 32 GB with micro-SD card.
- It comes with one year warranty and Ringing Bells offers 650 service centres across the country.
- In addition to its much-hyped 251 price tag, an extra Rs 40 is to be paid as its shipping charges.
- Its pre-bookings began on 18 Feb 2016 at 6 am.There is a point to be noted before you plan to book for this phone that the delivery has some restricted addresses and will take up to 4 months time.
- It is said to offer the best network coverage in the given range and supports 3G network.
- It will be pre-loaded with Google Play store and WhatsApp. Also, it is said to be loaded with other recently launched govt. apps, one of them being – Swachch Bharat app.
- Launched on 17 Feb 2016, the launch event took place in presence of BJP MP Murli Manohar Joshi in New Delhi.
In good humour, I would say now parents don’t have to worry about their younger ones asking for a smartphone. Instead, it is available at a pocket-money price! You would have often heard people saying “aj kal, 100 rupay me kya ata hai, iski koi value nhi” I don’t know about Rs 100 but Rs 251 me smartphone zarur aa sakta hai (In Rs.251 you can certainly get a smartphone)….:D